Visual reflections on masculinity
About the speaker
Denisse Ariana Pérez is a Caribbean-born, Barcelona-based copywriter and photographer.
In her most recent work she has wilfully taken on a personal mission to use photography and storytelling to highlight the beauty of marginalized groups that she feels inspired by and connected to such as Afro-communities and LGBTQI+ groups.
Her work finds itself between the intersection of fantasy and reality, of art and social commentary.
- Red Hood Labs New Artists III 2019, New York.
- Zona Maco 2020, Mexico City.
- PhotoZürich Black Art Matters Exhibition 2020, Zürich.
- Foto Europea 2020, Reggio Emilia.
- Fotografiska 2021, Stockholm. Upcoming
Awards & Grants:
- Finalist Musee du quai Branly Grant, 2019
- Finalist Taylor Wessing Prize 2019
- Winner BarTur Award 2020
- Shortlist Portraits of Humanity 2020 by British Journal of Photography
Tuesday, 22 June 2021, 6-8pm (CEST) online.
We start at 6.15pm (CEST).
The event will be held in English.
Probably we will provide English captions and a translation into German text live.
Link to the online seminar: – coming –